This WNBPA Social Impact Fund has been established by the WNBPA and Amalgamated Bank, as part of our social responsibility partnership. This fund will support organizations working for social, racial, economic and gender justice, issues that are crucial and timely priorities for both institutions.
The grantees from this fund will include organizations like:
- SisterSONG - a national activist organization dedicated to reproductive justice for women of color.
- GLITS - providing housing and support services to the transgender community.
- Black Voters Matter - working to increase power in marginalized, predominantly Black communities.
- The New Georgia Project - a nonpartisan effort to register and civically engage the rising electorate in the state of Georgia.
- Transgender Legal Defense & Education Fund (TLDEF) - a nonprofit whose mission is to end discrimination and achieve equality for transgender people.
National Council of Negro Women (NCNW) - its mission is to lead, advocate for, and empower women of African descent, their families and communities
Grantees will receive a minimum of $2,500 by September 30th, and will be highlighted in a social media campaign to promote the partnership and raise contributions for the WNBPA Social Impact Fund. Grantees are encouraged to share on social media as well.
Grants will be distributed by the Amalgamated Bank's charitable partner, the Amalgamated Foundation, which has sole discretion over grants distributed from this fund.