The #HalfMyDAF campaign, a national initiative that inspires donors to make charitable grants from donor-advised funds (DAFs), announced its final round of matching grants for 2023–including one $50,000 matching grant–formally wrapping up this year’s campaign.
The 2023 #HalfMyDAF campaign broke previous grantmaking records, moving more than $17 million out of donor-advised funds to nonprofit organizations since the campaign began on March 1, 2023. This year’s giving was distributed across more than 1,400 grants–including more than $1.3 million in matching grants made by the campaign. With this year’s giving, the #HalfMyDAF campaign has mobilized more than $50 million in charitable giving since it launched in 2020.
“We're thrilled about the momentum,” said Jennifer Risher, co-founder of #HalfMyDAF. “People are activating their DAF dollars and there’s a real sense of community and excitement.”
Highlights from the 2023 #HalfMyDAF campaign include:
- #HalfMyDAF donors recommended $16.1 million in grants since March 1, 2023.
- #HalfMyDAF matched 456–nearly a third–of the 1,462 grants submitted by the #HalfMyDAF community.
- One nonprofit–Wabanaki Public Health and Wellness of Bangor, Maine–was randomly selected to receive a $50,000 matching grant.
- The #HalfMyDAF community recommended grants to 1,236 nonprofits in 46 states.
- The top 10 nonprofit focus areas were:
- Education for underserved communities
- Environmental advocacy
- Racial justice
- Health care
- Animal rescue and adoptions
- Reproductive health
- Faith-based programs
- Human rights
- Wildlife conservation
- Humanitarian aid
- Since its inception in 2020, #HalfMyDAF and its donor community have given over $50 million to nonprofits
For the first time this year, #HalfMyDAF partnered with the Amalgamated Foundation, which provided financial and administrative support to the campaign, including administering the matching grants and contributing its own $50,000 matching grant for racial justice organizations as part of the campaign.
“We are proud to partner with this important campaign that shares our mission to move more resources to the frontlines of social change,” said Anna Fink, Executive Director of Amalgamated Foundation. “The record-breaking giving the campaign was able to inspire this year is a testament to the incredible power of collective action.”